Just a short drive outside Kamloops city limits, off Highway 1, the winery and vineyards, straddle the Thompson River making for a breathtaking view. Monte Creek Winery is producing world-class wines in the Thompson Valley and is a must-see tourist attraction.
We are looking to add an awesome person full-time to our team. Monte Creek Winery offers a friendly, positive, and passionate environment, and we are looking for like-minded people who believe they have what it takes to join the Monte Creek Winery Team.
This role supports the Marketing Manager in all digital and direct-to-consumer marketing tasks. The right candidate will show qualities of a positive and creative mindset, self-direction, and strong communication and management skills while building solid relationships with internal and external stakeholders. The right candidate must be willing to work in a team environment and independently when required to achieve favourable outcomes for all.
Social Media lead for Monte Creek Winery.
- Develop social media strategies, and content calendars and manage accounts.
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager to develop strategic, and engaging content that is based on storytelling and research. (Hootsuite, Meta, Insights)
- Manage Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, TripAdvisor, Pinterest & YouTube.
Lead on website and eCommerce.
- Work with Marketing Manager to ensure desired outcomes are achieved.
- Responsible for all design, content updates, SEO, promotions, event support, functionality and performance of the website. (WordPress & Commerce7).
- Work with hosting company for plug-ins, widgets, adaptability and design
Point person for Wine Club.
- Ensuring the Commerce7 database is up to date with new, paused and cancelled wine club members.
- Lead for monitoring and execution of attracting new members and engaging existing members to ensure retention and to mitigate attrition.
- Lead in the development of new Club tiers.
- Continue to personalize and customize the Club options.
- Organize and execute April and October Wine Club shipments.
In charge of consumer-facing materials needed for the tasting room.
- Using InDesign & Canva to design tasting vouchers, price cards, display posters, tasting bar notes, Terrace menus, wine club materials & special event support.
- Support Marketing Manager with on-site visits from Media, Photographers and Videographers.
- Ensure the Monte Creek Winery brand guidelines are being followed.
- Provide training support for Tasting Room staff on Wine Club and incentive programs.
- Provide reporting in all areas (Website, Social media, Wine club).
- Conduct competitive research in all areas (Website, Social media, Wine club).
- Assist with media drop shipments.
- May need to work off-site tasting events.
- 3-5 years experience in a Marketing related role.
- Experience working in the wine industry is an asset.
- Experience working in or overseeing a Wine Club, or a group of high-value customers is an asset.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and design programs such as Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Lightroom is an asset.
- Must be able to manage many high priority tasks with tight deadlines.
- Must be organized and be able to adapt to change.
- Energetic, people-oriented and a team contributor with a can-do attitude.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and professional demeanor.
Skills & Requirements:
- Must be of legal age to serve alcohol in B.C.
- Willing to get, or already hold a current BC Serving it Right Certificate
- A love of wine and all things wine-related is a helpful asset
- Experience with POS (cash till) is useful
- You don’t need to be a bodybuilder, but you do need to be able to move a 30lb case of wine.
- Positive attitude. Because life is so much better with one.
- Team player. Because work is so much easier if you are one.
- Hard worker. Because every day is so much more meaningful when we do.
- The view, every day you get to look out at one of the most beautiful views in the Thompson Okanagan.
- Employee tasting room discount. Say yes to discounted wine and merchandise!
- The opportunity to make extra in tips. Dazzle those guests and you will see more dough in your pocket
- Flexible schedule, we are all for work-life balance.
- Our restaurant offers discounted staff meals on or off your shift, this includes your friends or family if you are with them.
- In-depth wine training and wine tastings. You will walk away with wine education and be super knowledgeable at your next dinner party!
Apply today by emailing your resume to [email protected].