Monte Creek Winery is searching for eligible candidates to fulfill the role of Cellar Master. Candidates are expected to be detail-oriented, ambitious, and dependable.
Monte Creek Winery is located in the South Thompson valley, 20 minutes east of Kamloops, British Columbia. Monte Creek produces a range of premium wines from its three vineyards located in the Thompson and Similkameen Valley regions. The winery is currently expanding, with a new gravity flow expansion to be completed in 2021. Total production at Monte Creek is 300 tons, with capacity expected to reach 700 tons.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain equipment to specifications. Book and oversee all maintenance to be completed by sub-trades within the framework of a maintenance budget.
- Perform cellar tasks from harvest to bottle, including crushpad operations, barrel work, transfers/rackings, inoculations, filtration, bottling.
- Keep the cellar and warehouse at optimal levels of sanitation at all times.
- Create and suggest solutions to winemaking issues or enhancements to company SOPs.
- Maintain an inventory of all packaging components.
- Order additional packaging components in a timely manner that coordinate with the production schedule and works within a budget.
- Train and supervise harvest cellar staff.
- Able to work independently while respecting company SOPs.
- Assist in company safety compliance, including regularly updating SWPs and acting as Production Department safety officer.
- Experience or training within the following fields an asset:
- Agricultural or winemaking equipment maintenance and repair
- Electrical engineering
- At least one year of full time work equivalent in a winery or food and beverage processing setting.
- Interest in winemaking, organics, and sustainability.
- Proficient in MS Office, with computer literacy to learn winery tracking software.
- Fluent or strong working proficiency in English, Spanish an asset.
- Forklift experience.
- Supervisory experience an asset.
- Ability to work up to six days a week on variable or rotating shifts.
- Ability to climb stairs and to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work outside in hot or cold weather.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
Based on experience and access to company medical/dental benefit plan after six months.
- Mandatory mask wearing
- Physical distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Apply today by emailing your resume to [email protected]